The Mankato Family YMCA makes every effort to provide membership services to all who wish to participate. The YMCA’s financial assistance program, supported in part through contributions to the Strong Kids Campaign and the United Way, provides memberships for those in need within our available resources.
Individuals or families not able to pay the full membership fee may be given a membership as determined by our guidelines. All requests for financial assistance must provide the following information for review and approval:
- A copy of the previous year’s 1040 tax return (showing Adjusted Gross Income) OR
- Social Security Benefits Verification Form (copy of approval page reflecting amount)
- Child Support/spousal maintenance (copy of divorce decree, specific to pages only which reflect amounts to be paid)
- Disability/Unemployment benefits
- Pension payments
- Any other income
**Please note, pay stubs are no longer an acceptable form of proof of income
Also, please make note or include any additional information which may have bearing on your application. For example, make note of extraordinary medical expenses or any other extreme circumstances.
You will be contacted regarding the status of your financial assistance application within 10 days of application receipt. If you have additional questions, please contact Liz Hageman at 345-9810.
There are a number of ways you can apply for financial assistance:
1. Stop at the Mankato Family YMCA to fill out an application. You will need to bring with you document(s) verifying all household income.
2. Click here to download an application, fill it out, print it and drop it off at the Mankato Family YMCA. You will also need to drop off document(s) verifying all household income.
3. Click here to download and fill out an application and email it to Liz Hageman at firstname.lastname@example.org. To do this:
a. Open the file and fill out the form
b. Save the file to your computer
c. Attach the application, along with the required document(s) verifying all household income, to an email and send to Liz Hageman at email@example.com)
All requests for financial assistance and accompanying information will be held in confidence.
Have a question? Email Liz Hageman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-345-9810