The Mankato Family YMCA makes every effort to provide membership services to all who wish to participate. The YMCA’s financial assistance program, supported in part through contributions to the Strong Kids Campaign and the United Way, provides memberships for those in need within our available resources.
Individuals or families not able to pay the full membership fee may be given a membership as determined by our guidelines. All requests for financial assistance must provide the following information for review and approval:
- A copy of the previous year’s 1040 tax return (showing Adjusted Gross Income) OR
- Social Security Benefits Verification Form (copy of approval page reflecting amount)
- Child Support/spousal maintenance (copy of divorce decree, specific to pages only which reflect amounts to be paid)
- Disability/Unemployment benefits
- Pension payments
- Any other income
**Please note, pay stubs are no longer an acceptable form of proof of income.
Also, please make note or include any additional information which may have bearing on your application. For example, make note of extraordinary medical expenses or any other extreme circumstances.
You will be contacted regarding the status of your financial assistance application within 10 days of application receipt. If you have additional questions, please contact Kelly Agre via email or call 387-8255.
There are a number of ways you can apply for financial assistance:
1. Stop at the Mankato Family YMCA to fill out an application. You will need to bring with you document(s) verifying all household income.
2. Read the Cover Letter PDF below, then download, print, and fill out the application (below). Drop off your completed application to the Mankato Family YMCA. You will also need to drop off document(s) verifying all household income.
All requests for financial assistance and accompanying information will be held in confidence.
Have a question? Email Kelly Agre or call 387-8255.