Due to COVID-19, there will not be an “ALL” start; there will be staggered starts. Upon registration, you will be assigned to a heat. Heat assignments will be announced prior to the race.
What to expect the day of the race:
- Arrive at Sibley Park 45 minutes prior to your heat start. Park on the backside of Sibley Park, by the softball diamonds.
- STRIDE and GOTR participants will go to their coaches to get bibs. Open registration participants will go to the registration table to sign race waiver and receive bibs.
- After check-in, race participants will have time to warm-up and stretch.
- Ten minutes before the race, meet heat group by Shelter #3 and walk up to the start line.
- Five minutes before race, get lined up at start line.
Rucking or “Walking with a weighted rucksack (backpack)” can be done at any weight. Rucking is a scalable exercise that adds weight resistance training to your back, shoulders, glutes and legs with every step. Weight can be achieved by either weighted plates or packing essential items such as cold weather gear, water and extra boots to increase weight. Please note: backpacks and weight will NOT be provided for the Ruck Challenge.
By competing in the Ruck Challenge, you recognize the sacrifice veterans made to serve our country and take an active role to heal the invisible wounds of service our veterans have suffered. As well as, honoring America’s heroes, all service men and women – past and present – who help keep our country safe and free.