SCHOOL-BASED MENTORING PROGRAM
BECOME A MENTOR TO A CHILD ON OUR WAITING LIST
School-Based Mentoring pairs Mankato area public school students with adult mentors for lunch or other school activities once a week.
For the students, it’s an adult who’ll listen without judging, talk without preaching & take a genuine interest in how things are going. In, other words, a friend. For the mentor, it’s making a difference in a child’s life.
- A commitment to meet one hour, once a week for the academic year.
- Demonstrating values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Sharing skills, time and interests with the student
- Communicating with program staff or site coordinator monthly
- Sharing accomplishments and concerns with program staff or school officials
- Help choose fun activities at the school
- Be open with volunteer and the school site coordinator about your experience and feelings
- Enjoy the opportunity to be with someone who cares how you’re doing
Yes! Please send me more information about the School-Based Mentoring Program!
Director of Social Responsibility
School Based Mentoring is a free program financially supported by the United Way and the YMCA annual Strong Community Campaign.