Not sure if you are ready to compete on the swim team? Do you want to train and stay in shape? Then this program is for you! The five-week session is conducted by our Marlins Swim Team coaches. The instruction will focus on the following aspects of competitive swimming:
- Proper technique for each of the four competitive strokes: freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke and butterfly
- Proper technique for starts, turns and finishes
- Improving fitness level through dry land and water workouts
- Developing a positive, winning attitude
- Social Skills that complement YMCA core values
- Our goal will be to gain endurance
Prerequisites: Swimmers must be able to swim 25 yards, 1 length of our indoor Lap Pool comfortably
Ages: This program is designed with the 5-10 age group in mind.
Practices: Two, one-hour practices are offered per week with no minimum attendance requirements.
Meets: There will be a Mini Meet at the beginning and end of each season to gauge the swimmers progress. These swimmers will be eligible for participation in Marlins Home Swim Meets at the discretion of the Head Swimming Coach and the desire of the swimmer.
View the Program Guide for session dates, times and fees.