School-Based Mentoring pairs Mankato area public school students with adult mentors for lunch or other school activities once a week.
For the students, it’s an adult who’ll listen without judging, talk without preaching & take a genuine interest in how things are going. In, other words, a friend.
For the mentor, it’s making a difference in a child’s life.
• Demonstrating values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
• Sharing skills, time and interests with the student.
• Communicating with program staff regularly.
• Sharing accomplishments and concerns with program staff or school officials.
• Help choose fun activities at the school.
• Be open with the volunteer and the school site coordinator about your experiences and feelings.
• Enjoy the opportunity to be with someone who cares how you’re doing.
The project works with participation from the Y, the United Way, the Mankato School District, area businesses and individual volunteers.
Join us! Contact Chriss Page at 507-345-9815